FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Stream 1: Grow Your Business Online
We are participating in this category.
The Grow Your Business Online grant helps small, customer-facing businesses take advantage of e-commerce opportunities by providing consulting services and micro-grants of up to $2,400 to help cover the costs of adopting digital technologies.
Stream 2: Boost Your Business Technology
We do not participate in this category.
The Boost Your Business Technology grant supports small and medium-sized businesses in need of more advanced technologies.
For more information, visit the ISDE website.
Businesses of all sizes and in all industries are eligible for the grant on a one-time basis. To apply, they must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have at least one employee OR had at least $30,000 in annual revenue in the most recent tax year (2021);
- Be a for-profit enterprise. This includes for-profit social enterprises and cooperatives;
- Be registered or incorporated;
- Sell goods and services directly to consumers (B2C);
- Be accessible to clients or provide services in person or online;
- Commit to maintaining the digital adoption strategy for at least six months after the intervention;
- Agree to participate in follow-up surveys, to have its information sent to the Government of Canada (ISDE and Statistics Canada) and to have its name published as a recipient of funding.
Eligible expenses under the CDAP-Quebec are those related to the implementation of e-commerce solutions or the improvement of an existing e-commerce plan. Without being limited to this, the CDAP-Quebec can finance :
- Costs associated with implementing a digital e-commerce plan (e.g., online booking tools, online ordering system, electronic payments);
- Costs related to the optimization of the website’s search engine;
- Costs associated with setting up an e-commerce platform (including fees and subscription costs);
- Support service solution costs to develop an e-commerce strategy;
- The costs of social media advertising;
- Note: the plan cannot be strictly social media advertising, it must be tied to the overall e-commerce implementation plan, not a stand-alone item.
- The costs of creating customer databases;
- Hiring a consultant or agency to implement digital marketing initiatives related to your online store;
- The development of a new e-commerce website;
- Upgrading the existing e-commerce site to add functionality (e.g., new extensions or new features);
- Please note that the redesign of an existing site is not eligible.
- E-commerce software, including:
- Software to track and manage product inventory, and to fulfill and ship orders;
- Software for product databases;
- Software to track sales, market to customers, offer discounts, maintain a loyalty program;
- Software to simplify marketing;
- Cybersecurity software or certifications.
- Supporting hardware and software up to 20% of the total grant amount.
- In terms of limited software coverage, this would be any software purchased with the necessary equipment to support an e-commerce strategy. For example, if a small business purchases a new integrated point-of-sale (POS) system that costs $1,300 (including software), CANP would cover 20% or $260.
* Please note that all eligible costs must be directly related to the sale of goods and services online, for example: online booking, online ordering, or website chatbot functionality, and you must clearly indicate this in your application.
There is no minimum or maximum income requirement to participate in the Grow Your Business Online program.
No, all expense claims must be dated at least one day after the date of your approval notice.
Only hardware purchases directly related to an e-commerce strategy are eligible for subsidy at a rate of 20% of the total amount of the expense.
No, only new subscriptions are eligible. In addition, new subscriptions must be for a period of six months or more.
No, online businesses are also eligible.
Businesses must have at least one employee on the payroll to be eligible OR had at least $30,000 in annual revenue in the most recent tax year (2021).
You can submit a new application if your fisrt one was declined. However, each company can only receive one grant under this program.